Today is Wednesday, January 13, 2021
Thought for the Day
“An empathetic person is a good listener, patient, understanding, and kind.”
The PBIS Character Trait for the month is Empathy: Understanding someone else’s feelings; putting yourself in another’s shoes.
Origin and Meaning of Empathy:
Early 20th century: from Greek empatheia (from em- ‘in’ + pathos ‘feeling’) translating German Einfühlung
The English word “empathy” came into being only about a century ago as a translation for the German psychological term Einfühlung, literally meaning “feeling-in.” English-speaking psychologists suggested a handful of other translations for the word, including “animation,” “play,” “aesthetic sympathy,” and “semblance.” .
- In person instruction continues today, Wednesday, January 13th as a B day and 2nd semester in person/remote schedules may be found on our website at mms.msd19.org.
- Picture Retake Day is scheduled for today, Wednesday, January 13th ("B" day") - 10am -12:45pm. Pictures may be ordered online: mylifetouch.com, picture id: EVTMFM37V.
- **Note, this is the only way a student's picture will be printed in the yearbook.**
- Chess club will be meeting at 3:00 on zoom on Thursday, January 14.
- If you had your picture taken in December from Lifetouch, the pictures are in production. The school has not yet received them. MMS will send out pick up instructions as we receive the pictures.
- All MMS sports are currently on hold. This comes directly from the Governor of Illinois and Southern Illinois Junior High School Athletic Association (SIJHSAA).
- Chromebook issues? You must fill out a help desk ticket on our website: mms.msd19.org, menu, remote learning portal, help desk. This will ensure the most efficient technical assistance and expedite the process.
- As supplies have run low, please send in paper towels and tissues with your students upon return from the holiday break. These items may be given to the student’s first period teacher.
- In order to effectively minimize the possibility of COVID transmission, it is crucial that everyone in the building wear their masks appropriately. Please, no gators or masks with vents, and ensure that masks are worn over both the mouth and nose at all times while in the building.
- Please wear your mask appropriately daily. Please make sure your parents certify that you are symptom and exposure free. Please, no gators or masks with vents, and ensure that masks are worn over both the mouth and nose at all times while in the building. Wearing your lanyard shows that you are symptom and exposure free. Bring a fully charged Chromebook to school. Wash your hands frequently and practice social distancing always to the best of your ability.
- Students, please make sure to fill the google attendance form for your PE classes, even when you do not physically attend PE. If you do not fill out the google form, you will be marked absent.
Make it a great day...the choice is yours!