7th & 8th MMS
P.E. Student Handout
-Each student is required to dress out in a physical education uniform. The cost of the complete uniform is $16.00 ($8 shirt, $8 shorts). Gym shoes and socks are required. Showers are available but not required. School locks are provided, and all students are required to keep their belongings locked.
-Marks are given when students do not follow the rules. Each mark will result in loss of point for the day’s participation points. Should chronic infractions of rules persist, an after school detention may be assigned. Students are graded on participation (attitude and effort) and written test for each activity. Activities are approximately two weeks in length.
-Rules for Class:
1. Must have socks below the knee (no leggings or tights)
2. Must have tied tennis shoes (recommended an extra pair of tennis shoes be kept in P.E. locker)
3. Must have P.E. uniform with no additional accessories
4. Recommend all jewelry be taken off for class especially rings and earrings below the earlobe
5. Must place all personal belongings in assigned locker (locks will be provided)
6. Must not be tardy for class
7. May not borrow other students’ P.E. shorts or shirts
8. May not have shorts sagging
9. May not wear sports’ uniforms during physical education class
10. Must have hair off face and out of eyes for class
-At times the P.E. classes are outdoors for activities in colder weather. Students are encouraged to bring additional clothing to wear such as an old warm-up suit, sweats, or jacket.
-If a student is unable to participate in Physical Education, a parent note excusing student from class will be accepted. This note is good for two consecutive days. A doctor’s note is required should a student be unable to participate for more than two days. If not participating per doctor’s note, then a doctor’s note releasing student to reenter P. E. participation will also be required.
-INSTRUCTIONS TO STUDENTS: Stay off gym floor when entering and leaving; stay out of storage area, stay off ramp area and bleachers; at end of class, students are to sit down until dismissed; do not hang on basketball rims or nets. Anyone found damaging the school’s property or equipment will be referred to the office.
Activities besides the regular P.E. units include swimming and running the mile. If there are any concerns regarding these activities, please contact the P.E. staff.